Sunday 5 February 2012

3rd February 2012

Another year has started. Just to reminisce. I didn't win a medal last year but I won an odd 1st prize.
At the National I came second of two to Angie Seymour in the George Wilson Trophy i.e. 5 vases and nowhere in the 6 separate blooms,but hope springs eternal. This year has been totally different from last year I started January 6th and apart from a few I have nearly finished.

I have taken the following.
Shirley Sunburst 3A 8
Bryony Wade 3B 20
Kay Woolman 3B 6
Stockton 3B 5
Primrose West Brom 4A 5
Cerise Pat Millar 4B 22
Pat Millar 4B 13
Woolman Venture 4B 21
Olwyn 4B 22
Florentine 5A 13
Primrose Charles Tandy 5A 22
Roy Coopland 5B 12
Clarksdale 5B 26
Nora Carr 6A 5
Bill Holden 4B 20
Grace Holden 5B 9
Cherry Luxford 2 4
Avon Lea 2 3.

Some are October but for ease I have put all as November. I have aquired 8 Gigantic from Mick Graves some Yellow Olwyn from Ken Dear and 3 Rebecca Read from Richard Coles. This is the some of my late cultivars for 2012 apart from Golden Lady 3B. I will write about Golden Lady later on. I will grow 6 of each variety apart from Primrose West Brom (4) Woolmans Venture (4) Grace Holden (4) Rebecca Read (2) Nora Carr (2) Cherry Luxford (2) Avon Lea (2). This means that I will The pot on 12 of each variety.

The Gigantic I am growing the Barry Cunliffe way but the rest are as follows 5 Sterilsed Loam 2 Peat and 1 4mm Grit. added to each Bushel (8 Gallons ) 4oz calcified seaweed 2oz vitax q4 2oz antagon.

All the rest of the cuttings are given away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have your site back up & running, hope that you can go back to the old days and that you update weekly!

Weather here in Sussex is really bad, still better though than last year.

Keep updating Dave, I'v certainly missed your comments, tips & photo's

Regards

Alan

6 February 2012 at 19:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home