Thursday 17 November 2011

16th November 2011

The season's nearly gone and it was a disappointing one as well.
We had our Bar Top on Tuesday 25th October where we had 7 competitors and 19 entries. 28 people attended and enjoyed a good night .
Roger Moore did his usual good 2 quizzes. Len Whtehouse won the best vase with Bryony Wade and Alan Smith judges the flowers.I went on the Friday night to Southport to take my cup back from the previous year.I had no flowers but stayed the night but had a look around the show. Chester was the following day but had no flowers so I did not go.
Thursday 3rd November saw John and me travelling down M6 on our way to Stafford. We took 2 Japs 2 Incurves and 2 Intermediate for one Society class and 2 Incurved. We picked up 2 Anemones and 2 Singles from Keith Atkinson for another Society class. We came 2nd of 3 and 3 of 4 respectively.I came from 4 of 4 for the 6 individual blooms and 2 out of 2 in the George Wilson Trophy.
I judged Middleton with Ken Harrop on the Friday and the Saturday went with John to pick up the flowers from Stafford to take to the Scunthorpe show on the Sunday. I won 1 1st and 3 2nds.North West Counties were on the Tuesday 8th.I won the 3x3 Incurve Reflex Decs but there was only me in it. The Society won both the league classes.Nearly up to date.We had a good show but John was the recipient of most of the prizes. he won most of the Open prizes with Keith winning the Bronze medal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home