Thursday 13 October 2011

13th October 2011

Judged Dukinfield Bar Top last wednesday. Not many vases 7 to be precise.
Gave the best vase a vase of Southway Ski grown by Roy Longdon.
On the Thursday judged the Bar Top at Hull ( Humberside Chrysanthemum Club ) a lot more vases and a lot more growers. Another good night with the same result Best Vase Southway Ski grown by Dave Heath.

On Saturday Trish and I went to the dinner at Harrogate in aid of Terry Wombwell. The food was good if a little sparse and it seemed to miss the little touches. It was a good night with over 40 people there to celebrate with Terry and his wife.

Last night, Wednesday, we had our pre show meeting but the attendance was disappointing only 5 turned up. Let's hope that more than that turn up for Early/ Late show on October 25th at Ripponden Conservative Club where apart from the flowers the main attraction will be the Pie and Peas priced at £2.

Tonight John and I are going on our travels again this time to Scunthorpe for their Bar Top. I may be judging as I don't have any flowers.
As of this moment in time the only flowers that I have cut in a Trident that was damping badly however I have been picking damp petals out fo Roy Coopland. Everything else at the moment seems to be okay. The nearest to ready are Kay Woolman probably a week to ten days away. I am still hoping to enter the George Wilson at the National with Luxford, Bryony Wade, Patricia Millar,Roy Coopland and either First Light or Sheila Coles.
My first proper show will hopefully be Southport on October 29th.
I have been a little lax with my spraying towards to end and have paid for it with White Rust on my Trident. I must be more diligent next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home